What if a Daytona Beach skunk got inside my house, bedroom, kitchen, etc.?
When a Daytona Beach skunk gets into ones premises such as the kitchen or any other place, the owner must immediately decide on the best, most effective and fast way of getting rid of the skunk before it brings more trouble and discomfort in the house. Many would prefer to scream or even attack the animal not knowing of their defense mechanism whereby when they feel threatened or scared, skunks usually spray a foul spray causing more discomfort in the house. This method may be the worst to apply in getting rid of skunks.
There are different ways of doing so including use of traps. One may acquire cage traps and use baits to attract the animal into the trap. This would be the most effective way of getting rid of the skunk but the fact remains that one must get such traps from the market and this may take some time to achieve.
Call animal control agents
• One may opt to go for this method incase he/she does not know on what steps to take in order to get rid of the animal.
• Animal control agents will respond immediately but one must mainly focus on not scaring or threatening the skunk because this may only result in more trouble. When threatened the skunk may spray off the strong stinky spray and this will only cause more discomfort in the house.
• Animal control agents are well conversant with all the steps of getting rid of Florida animals and they may also advice you on what steps to undertake before they can reach your premises.
Identify the areas that may have attracted the skunks
• Skunks always tend find shelter or even food in human premises. They live invading to one’s property especially in garbage’s in order to satisfy their feeding needs.
• Areas such as bedrooms, especially under beds or closets may act as perfect shelters to skunks as they are dark and seem to provide security to them.
• After getting rid of Daytona Beach skunks in one’s premises, the owner must first identify such areas that attract these animals into their premises. As usual, kitchens and trash bins may be the main attractive sites because feeding is a very vital thing in any animal’s life cycle.
Come up with deterrent methods to avoid any future infestation
• There a whole lot of deterrent methods of avoiding future Florida skunk infestation in ones premises. Such methods include sealing off openings into ones premises, use of barriers, use of bright lights in areas prone to skunk infestation and many more
Visit our Daytona Beach wildlife trapping home page to learn more about us.
Considered the best wildlife control company in Daytona Beach, Florida, we are professional, fast, and effective. Voted #1 three years running!
Removal of rodents in the attic of a house.
Trapping and relocation of raccoons, skunks, etc.
Prevention of birds, snakes, mice, and more.
Call us at 386-882-9446 any time of day or night. We have several technicians who can provide same-day or next-day service.